The 13th Annual Global Art Market Report, the fruit of very in-depth research, required the full support of its publishing partner AMMA/ARTRON (Art Market Monitor of Artron), allowing both partners to produce data that had never previously been processed due to a lack of completeness, resources and State authorization.
It will be available online on March 3, 2015 and will be an interesting read in how they have determined that the era of speculation in art is now over.
- Artprice: The Art Market is heading towards billion-dollar auction prices.
- Artprice and Artron confirm the historic and irreversible transformation of the art market, a transformation that, among other changes, removes the specter of speculative bubble.
- This report will highlight the phenomenal growth, in less than twenty years, of the number of participants, buyers and sellers in the art market, an evolution that can only be observed on a logarithmic scale.
- For example, the Contemporary art market, which has grown by a factor of 10 between 2000 and 2014, perfectly illustrates the transformation of the Art Market.
- During the same period (2000-2014), there have been more museums constructed than throughout the entire 19th and 20th centuries combined.