Capgemini RBC Wealth Management World Wealth Report is now available for download at www.worldwealthreport.com.
Here is my quick Summary:
- Asia-Pacific Markets Surge, but Top 12 HNWI Market Rankings Remain Unchanged – Ultra-HNWI Fortunes Reverse Course, Leading Global Growth in 2012 – Asia-Pacific Expected to Lead Robust Global HNWI Wealth Growth
- Strong Market Performance Leads to Substantial Growth in HNWI Wealth – Global Economy Slowed, but Avoided Major Catastrophe – Policymaker Interventions Tempered Uncertainty – Key Asset Classes Outperformed As Investor Confidence Picked Up – Growth Expected to Gain Momentum As Optimism Takes Hold
- HNWI Confidence in Future Wealth Generation Aided by Increased Trust in Firms and Wealth Managers, but Dampened by Lower Trust in Markets, Regulators – HNWI Asset Allocation Reflects Conservative Approach – Art Market Continues Recovery with Strong Growth in Emerging Markets – HNWI Traits Highlight New Opportunities for Wealth Firms.
- Regulatory Complexity Is Transforming Firm and Client Dynamics in the Wealth Management Industry – Daunting Scope of Regulatory Change Is Largest Industry Challenge – Regulatory Impact Far-Reaching, Creating Challenges for Both Firms and Clients – Regulatory Complexity Driving Significant Shifts in Wealth Management Landscape – Regulations Driving Firms to Re-Assess Key Strategies
- Latin America, which had the highest growth rate in 2011, decelerated in 2012, posting growth of only 4.4%, largely due to a slowdown in GDP growth and contraction in the Brazilian and Argentinean equity markets.